Featured eBook: an online edition of Stevens & Lowe’s Human Histology (5th edition) by James S. Lowe, Peter G. Anderson, and Susan I. Anderson. This resource is useful for students and faculty of Medicine, Nursing, and health sciences.
This is an additional feature of the physical copy we have in the library. The enhanced eBook allows access all of the text, figures, and references – including bonus videos showing important histological features for each chapter -from the book on a variety of devices.
The eBook can be accessed at studentconsult.inkling.com. Contact us for log-in details.
Book summary: Easy to read, well organized, and focused on high-yield content, Human Histology, 5th Edition, features concise, up-to-date coverage of the core knowledge in this complex field. Ideal for students in all areas of health care, this revised edition is aligned with recent developments in integrated and problem-based learning, providing rapid access to relevant, practical knowledge in histology. It provides students with opportunities to make important connections between histological knowledge, cell biology, anatomy, clinical understanding, and assessment.
- Features an easy-to-navigate, full-colour layout that includes summary headings, readable text, quick-reference tables, and key facts – all highlighted by nearly 900 clear illustrations, photos, and graphics throughout.
- Covers the latest concepts and advances in histology including developments in the primary cilium, the nuclear pore, extracellular matrix components, dendritic spines, subsets of astrocytes, haematopoiesis, classification of cells in the immune system, macrophage subsets, and much more.
- Includes NEW self-assessment questions.
- Provides just the right amount of detail for maximum readability and retention.
- Highlights key laboratory, clinical, and high-level scientific material in boxes.
- Presents advanced concepts such as the molecular and functional relevance of histological features.
- Provides review material in the book and online, self-assessment questions plus 180 additional review questions online.
Lowe, J.S., Anderson, P.G. & Anderson, S.I. (2020). Stevens & Lowe’s human histology. 5th ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier.
Book location: Reserve Section, Call No. QM 551 .L69 2020