LIBRARY OBJECTIVES STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The aim of the Kindergarten Library is to provide materials and other reading aids in consonance with the aim of the University, which is to provide well-rounded education by developing pupils spiritually, intellectually, and physically, to the end that they may become free and creative citizens in an open society. To accomplish this purpose, the Kindergarten library seeks to provide its pupils with a stimulating atmosphere permeated by the Spirit of the Great Teacher and expressed in an educational program and encourages intensive search for truth and knowledge and unhampered by fear or prejudice.
SPECIFIC LIBRARY OBJECTIVES
The Kindergarten Library in order to carry on the above Statement of Purpose and General objectives of the University hereby states its specific objectives, which are:
1. To assemble, preserve and administer an organized collection, etc. in order to provide through the collection and the communication of ideas in order to enlighten the pupils.
2.To serve the information need of the Kindergarten library and if possible beyond-to the fullest extent possible.
3. To serve the kindergarten library as well as the community as a center of reliable information.
4. To support spiritual, educational, social, civic and cultural activities as an individual or as a group through the use of the library resources.
5. To seek continually, to identify academic needs and for service to meet such needs.
6. To support spiritual, recreational and aesthetic needs of pupils including Christian family life values, through the different media such as books and non-books.
7. To educate pupils continuously in the proper use of the library so that library services could be used to the fullest.
8. To continuously update library materials, so as to support study of current issues in the different fields of knowledge.
The Kindergarten Library is located at the left side of the Kindergarten Building. The area is about the size of one classroom (32.50 square feet).
The Kindergarten Library Services:
Monday 10:00 – 12:00 A.M. ; 3:00-5:00
Tuesday 9:00 – 12:00 A.M. ; 1:00-2:00 ; 4:00-5:00 P.M.
Wednesday 3:00-5:00 P.M.
Thursday 8:00-12:00 A.M.
Friday 2:00-5:00 P.M.
II. Library Collection
1 The library has a collection of more than 1,200 volumes. This number is distributed to the different collections. There are two types of library materials according to use.
1. Home Reading Collection – These books are to be circulated for home use or books that can be borrowed for home reading.
a. Nursery (Pink)
b. Kindergarten 1 (Yellow Green)
c. Kindergarten 2 (Blue)
2. Special Collection – These books are not to be taken out of the library. These are for REFERENCE USE ONLY.
a. Reference books (violet) – encyclopedias, dictionaries, and other factual books
b. Filipiniana books (Red)
c. Nursery (Yellow)
d. Kindergarten 1 (Orange)
e. Kindergarten 2 (Light Pink)
f. Instructional Materials (CD-ROMs; DVDs
g. Picture File
3. Audio-Visual Equipment – TV, DVD Player, Karaoke, VCD & cassette players & Computer set with printer.
A. Books and Periodicals
1. General reading books or for home use can be circulated for one week with privilege of renewal if nobody requested the materials. Pupils cannot borrow a book, if the record shows that he/she has an unreturned book. First overdue notice will be sent to the pupil the day after the book is due. The second notice will be sent to the parents, a week after the book is due.
2. Reserve books can be borrowed of the teachers for one hour and renewable for another hour. May be borrowed during noon break or overnight.
3. Picture Files –Teachers may borrow these for classroom presentation.
4. Encyclopedias – are in no circumstance to be taken out in the library, except for a traveling set that can be taken to the classrooms.
5. Other Reference Books – these are intended for use in the library. However, teacher may borrow these books for class use, and should not be taken out of the kindergarten building.
6. Magazines – the latest issues of which are displayed on the magazines rack. Both new and back issues cannot be taken out of the library building by the teachers except for classroom demonstrations use and this should be limited only for an hour.
Note: Reference books and magazines are restricted for use in the kindergarten building only, but may be requested for photocopy for one hour. Unreturned materials after the designated time is subject to fine just like a reserve book.
8. Home Reading Services are closed fifteen minutes before closing time and home reading loans are closed two (2) weeks before the school year ends. After the last due date books are for Reference use only.
B. Fines and Penalties. Fines are charges for materials not returned on due date.
A fine of one peso (1.00) per day is charged for circulation books. For overdue Reserve books a fine